Thanks to Paul Ellison of Guerilla Radio-American Spring for having me on to spread the word about the NO DIEHL campaign. The mainstream media won’t tell you about this. You won’t even hear about it from the so-called conservative media. Why, because they may be more tied in to the establishment Republican Party than they are willing to admit to conservative grassroots audiences. It takes a turn to alternative media to get to the truth on the issues.
Thanks to Owen Shroyer of 1380 KXFN for having me on to educate the folks on why the citizens of Missouri need to get educated, and engaged, on the NO DEAL ON JOHN DIEHL for Missouri Speaker of the House. Here’s the video for your entertainment/engagement.
Original Post: Why Ann Wagner Is Wrong to Attack Heritage Action.
Accountability? We don’t need no stinking accountability. No, Ann Wagner didn’t actually say that. But her comments to a 2nd District Republican committee meeting on Tuesday gave at least one attendee the impression that Mrs. Wagner opposes the idea of conservatives holding Congress accountable. Ann Wagner Attacks the Conservative Heritage Action Rep. Ann Wagner accused…
Original Post: 3 Simple Questions for Chairman Priebus.
On Saturday, I raised a concern about Erick Erickson’s handling of Reince Priebus at Erickson’s annual RedState Gathering. Today, Erick responded to widespread criticism of his decision to protect the GOP Chairman from questions about tactics in the Mississippi Republican Senate Runoff. Here’s the heart of Erickson’s answer: But there was more to it than…
On August 9, 1974, Richard Nixon resigned the Presidency.
Here’s the second article of impeachment approved by the House Judiciary Committee that led to Nixon’s resignation. See if any of this sounds familiar.
Article 2: Abuse of Power.
Using the powers of the office of President of the United States, Richard M. Nixon, in violation of his constitutional oath faithfully to execute the office of President of the United States and, to the best of his ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States, and in disregard of his constitutional duty to take care that the laws be faithfully executed, has repeatedly engaged in conduct violating the constitutional rights of citizens, imparting the due and proper administration of justice and the conduct of lawful inquiries, or contravening the laws governing agencies of the executive branch and the purposes of these agencies. This conduct has included one or more of the following:
(1) He has, acting personally and through his subordinated and agents, endeavored to obtain from the Internal Revenue Service, in violation of the constitutional rights of citizens, confidential information contained in income tax returns for purposes not authorized by law, and to cause, in violation of the constitutional rights of citizens, income tax audits or other income tax investigation to be initiated or conducted in a discriminatory manner.
(2) He misused the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Secret Service, and other executive personnel, in violation or disregard of the constitutional rights of citizens, by directing or authorizing such agencies or personnel to conduct or continue electronic surveillance or other investigations for purposes unrelated to national security, the enforcement of laws, or any other lawful function of his office; he did direct, authorize, or permit the use of information obtained thereby for purposes unrelated to national security, the enforcement of laws, or any other lawful function of his office; and he did direct the concealment of certain records made by the Federal Bureau of Investigation of electronic surveillance.
(3) He has, acting personally and through his subordinates and agents, in violation or disregard of the constitutional rights of citizens, authorized and permitted to be maintained a secret investigative unit within the office of the President, financed in part with money derived from campaign contributions to him, which unlawfully utilized the resources of the Central Intelligence Agency, engaged in covert and unlawful activities, and attempted to prejudice the constitutional right of an accused to a fair trial.
(4) He has failed to take care that the laws were faithfully executed by failing to act when he knew or had reason to know that his close subordinates endeavored to impede and frustrate lawful inquiries by duly constituted executive; judicial and legislative entities concerning the unlawful entry into the headquarters of the Democratic National Committee, and the cover-up thereof, and concerning other unlawful activities including those relating to the confirmation of Richard Kleindienst as attorney general of the United States, the electronic surveillance of private citizens, the break-in into the office of Dr. Lewis Fielding, and the campaign financing practices of the Committee to Re-elect the President.
(5) In disregard of the rule of law: he knowingly misused the executive power by interfering with agencies of the executive branch: including the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Criminal Division and the Office of Watergate Special Prosecution Force of the Department of Justice, in violation of his duty to take care that the laws by faithfully executed.
In all of this, Richard M. Nixon has acted in a manner contrary to his trust as President and subversive of constitutional government, to the great prejudice of the cause of law and justice and to the manifest injury of the people of the United States.
Wherefore Richard M. Nixon, by such conduct, warrants impeachment and trial, and removal from office.
(Approved 28-10 by the House Judiciary Committee on Monday, July 29, 1974.)
source: The History Place
For the record, I am not asking the House of Representatives to draft articles of impeachment on Barack Obama. But I have ask: is there more than a dime’s difference between Obama and Nixon? Or is it just a matter of the press failing to do its job in the 21st century?
Since the scrawny punk from Chicago still hasn’t figured it out, this President 101 lesson delivered without further comment: Previously on Hennessy’s View: We Interrupt This World War For a Democratic Fundraiser
The post How To Be President When Russia Goes Berserk Starring Ronald Reagan appeared first on Hennessy's View.
Original Post: Chairman Ed Martin Demands Mississippi Investigation.
I’m on the road this week, but I’m thrilled to get this email from Missouri GOP Chairman Ed Martin: Over the past few days, I have reached out to many but not all of you about some of what Missouri Republicans were asking about re Mississippi especially about the racially divisive ads run in support…
The post Chairman Ed Martin Demands Mississippi Investigation appeared first on Hennessy's View.
Original Post: I Am a Right-Leaning Libertarian.
What political label do you give yourself? Yesterday, I blogged about calling myself a Republican. I was a kid. Then, from about 1996 on, I called myself a conservative. Over the past year or so, I’ve taken on the label of libertarian. Now, a simple online test confirms that I’m a right-leaning conservative. [Take the…
Original Post: The Masque of the Red Death – American Style.
The “Red Death” had long devastated the country. No pestilence had ever been so fatal, or so hideous. Blood was its Avatar and its seal—the redness and the horror of blood. There were sharp pains, and sudden dizziness, and then profuse bleeding at the pores, with dissolution. The scarlet stains upon the body and especially upon the…