Category: Jefferson County
As you may or may not know, AmerenUE is set to raise our electric rates by 14%! The Public Service Commission is holding a public forum tonight, Wednesday 8/15, at 6:00pm in the Council Chambers at the Arnold City Hall.
ER-2012-0166 Ameren Missouri — local public hearing
6:00 PM-9:00 PM (Woodruff — Arnold)
City Hall Council Chambers
2101 Jeffco Boulevard
Arnold, MO 63010
From KPLR-11: Ameren Rate Hike Goes To The Public
In case you miss tonight’s meeting, you can catch them tomorrow at:
Thursday, August 16
Holiday Inn South County
Monticello A&B Ballroom
6921 South Lindbergh
St. Louis, MO
Thursday, August 16
Wohl Community Center
1515 North Kingshighway
St. Louis, MO
WHERE WERE YOU?
In Jefferson County, there are 146,046 registered voters.
- Out of those, 30,178 people voted.
- That means just under 21% of those that could vote in the Jefferson County Primary on August 7th. 2012, voted.
- 21% voted and decided who will battle it out come November, whether from the Democrat, Republican, Libertarian or Constitution Party.
- 21% voted and decided who will become our Committee-men and women.
- 21% voted and decided on an amendment that would change Missouri’s Constitution.
- 21% voted and decided that School District 6 will be consolidated.
- As of the 2011, the estimated population of Jefferson County was 219,480.
- Based on statistics, the potential number of people eligible to vote is 165,019.
- Based on the above counts, under 88% of potential eligible voters are registered to vote.
I ask the citizens of Jefferson County that could have voted to think about this:
- How many citizens of other countries risk their lives so they can vote in an election?
- How many immigrants continue to come to our Country and become legal citizens of a Country that allows them freedom to vote without worrying about losing life, limb or loved ones?
- How many of our soldiers were killed, maimed or otherwise wounded so we can have the right to vote?
- How many citizens laid down their lives, risked their friends and loved ones, marched countless miles so we can vote?
- How many of you decided not to vote because you believe your vote does not matter?
==> George Englebach won by 4 votes in the County Council position for District 4.
- How many of you complain and are worried about the coming elections in November did not bother to vote in the Primary?
- How many of you are demonizing those who ‘won’ but did not vote?
- How many of you put up walls and threw out reasons why you could not vote, but did not reach out to others so there would be nothing to stop you?
==> My mom is handicapped and cannot drive because of her eyesight. She lives alone, and ~ unbeknownst to me ~ did not know who to call about getting an Absentee Vote. I drove to her house – 45 minutes away – and took Mom to her location to vote, and read to her the questions.
- How many of you ‘just forgot?’
To the people of Jefferson County who could
but did not vote,
Where Were YOU?
To the people of Jefferson County who could be registered to vote, but are not,
What is Stopping YOU?
Our Community, State and Country
Primary Election Information For Jefferson County:
- Leader Publications, Jefferson County edition, published a Voter Guide:
Leader Publications: Elections
- PDF of the Jefferson County Sample Ballot for August, 2012, Primary:
Jefferson County New Sample Ballot
- To determine your Polling Place: Missouri Voter Look-Up
If you have a non-standard address such as rural route,
you will need to contact Wes Wagner’s Office instead.
Useful Information as provided by John Putnam of Putnam’s Patriots*:
WHO ARE THE RELIABLE CONSERVATIVES IN CONGRESS?
Objective Research Reveals Courageous, Constitutional, Congressional Champions
Some disgruntled conservatives believe that EVERY incumbent politician should be sent home. We beg to differ! A recent study has just been completed to answer the question: “Which of our Congressional Representatives are the most courageously and reliably conservative, deserving to be retained in office or promoted to a higher one, and which Members of Congress deserve to be sent home.
This analysis is based on the most recent of nine different popular rating services that specialize in various fiscal, social, cultural, constitutional, and conservative issues voted on in the 212th session of Congress. It then averages those numbers to get a broader perspective than just one rating service can provide. The list includes all Republicans and two Democrats who make up the top 240 positions. All other Democrats fall below this level and are therefore not relevant to the question at hand since they all need to be retired. (Yes, Virginia, there IS a difference between the two major political parties.)
Source data comes from the National Taxpayer’s Union, the Heritage Foundation, the Club for Growth, the American Conservative Union, the John Birch Society’s Freedom Index, the Family Research Council, the Americans for Prosperity, the National Federation of Independent Business, and the Gun Owners of America. Links to each website are provided.
And the winners are…CLICK HERE==> (top 10% of 435)
PDF of ‘The Winners.“
*Any information contained herein does not imply endorsement of any particular candidate by
the Jefferson County Tea Party OR the Missouri Precinct Project (MOPP).
Use this as another educational tool at your disposal.
Please do your homework!
We are here to inform, educate, and empower the Conservative base!*
Pass it forward.
Deadline to vote in the Primary on August 7th is July 11th.
You will have to indicate to the Election Judges which political party ballot you wish to vote. Your choices will be:
Democrat (political party of Governor listed first)
Non-Partisan (Issues Only)
View Sample Ballot after entering your information:
DO- Enter your LEGAL first name. i.e. Bob=Robert, Mike=Michael
DO- Enter your last name
DO- Enter your house number
DO- Enter the name of your street ONLY
DO NOT include lane, rd, blvd, st, etc…
DO- Enter your birthdate exactly like this: 08/16/1946 Use Slahes NOT Hyphens
DO- Enter “Jefferson” for the county
Click here for Absentee Voting Information.
‘Issue’ on ballot:
Constitutional Amendment 2
That school children have the right to pray and acknowledge God voluntarily in their schools; and that all public schools shall display the Bill of Rights of the United States Constitution.
It is estimated this proposal will result in little or no costs or savings for state and local governmental entities.
Help prevent Voter Fraud!
Click here to be a Jefferson County Election Judge!
To my Friends, Acquaintances, Freedom Fighters, and Patriot Rockers,
To all the citizens of the United States of America -
All who are proud of her, and would claim none other as their home (even if we disagree):
Have a wonderful Independence Day.
For Freedom, Peace, Justice and Liberty!
The deadline to register for the August 7, 2012 primary is July 11!
Are YOU registered to vote? Double check by going to this website:
Are You Registered?
If you are not registered, you can register on-line!
14% of Americans think they’re registered properly but they’re not…that amounts to approximately 33 million unregistered Americans.
Because of what’s at stake in the upcoming November elections, make sure that your like-minded friends, family, neighbors and colleagues are registered to vote so we can really make an impact on the future of our nation by voting in November. If those of us who are registered will get just ONE other person to register and vote, we’ll double our numbers!
For Jefferson County citizens (from County Clerk/Election Authority):
If you are a new resident of Jefferson County or would like to register for the first time, please complete the form, Voter Registration Application , below and mail it to:
Voter Registration, PO Box 100, Hillsboro MO 63050
Remember to include your signature. They are not allowed to to accept an application sent by fax.
If you are unsure if you are registered to vote, feel free to contact us: 636-797-5486.
Am I Registered to Vote in Jefferson County?
Thanks to Wes for sending in these shots from the grassroots kickoff in Jefferson County this past Saturday!
- Live Auction: 4:00pm to 5:00pm
- Songwriter/Artist Show: 6:00pm to 10:00pm