Archive for Education
It’s time for “Deep Thoughts by The KellyJaye.” <<insert LOL here>> I will preface this with that no one should take my word alone for what I write. Do your own research even if that means going to a physical library to help formulate your own opinion. Except for general reference, there are no links […]
Can you guess when the following statement was made and by whom? The trouble in too many of our modern schools is that the State, being controlled so specially by the few, allows cranks and experiments to go straight to the schoolroom when they have never passed through … the private house, the church, or […]
joined the Heritage Action Conservative Policy Summit where he said we could get better outcomes for less money for our students. Sen. Scott was “that kid” that did not do well in school. ”Too often we write off these kids as high risk kids that will never perform,” Sen. Scott said. ”I would rather call the kids high […]
One thing that seems to be lost in the kerfuffle over Missouri Representative Mike Lair’s amendment to purchase $8.00 of tin-foil for the “Common Core paranoia” is that “The Kansas City Star reported that the House Appropriations committee approved an amendment for $8 for tin foil in next year’s Education Budget.” [Emphasis added] Maybe I’m […]
Well, if it wasn’t official before, it is now. The GOP has declared war on the Tea Party, and Dr Randy Tobler, of KFTK’s 97.1 FM talk is here to give his take on Rep. Congressman, Blaine Leutkemeyer’s latest comments against Heritage Action, Freedomworks, and more. What was he thinking? Also, We have a Common […]
Common Core standards are supposedly designed to engender in students things like “deeper learning” and “critical thinking” and to give teachers “fewer, clearer, higher standards” for their students. All of that sounds very nice, and there is no shortage of professors and intellectuals who give the Common Core their stamp of approval. Yet, Common Core […]
Want to homeschool in Ohio? You’ll get to as soon as you are approved as a-ok by government bureaucrats. You thought it was up to you? Oh silly subject, that’s a ridiculous thing to think. Only the government is qualified to decide if you are homeschooling material.
It requires all parents who homeschool to undergo a social services investigation which would ultimately determine if homeschooling would be permitted. Social workers would have to interview parents and children separately, conduct background checks and determine whether homeschooling is recommended or not. If it is not recommended, parents would have to submit to an “intervention” before further consideration of their request to homeschool
The reasoning for attempting to pass this law is super simple. The government failed to do their job and protect a child from abuse. Abuse they were made aware of, did nothing to stop and the child died. So, their answer is to make more miserable failure of laws and take more of your rights away, further subjugating serfs to the masters, which will do nothing to stop abusers from killing children if the government isn’t going to do the job they are already tasked with. It would seem there is no end to the things the government fails at, yet thinks that is there are just enough laws, they will some how succeed. This is false and losing our personal and parental rights will not make the children safer.
Soon you will have to make a choice. Either all children are property of the state, to control and raise as they see fit or children are members of the family unit, where imperfect parents will make mistakes and people who have no business raising kids do. There is no other way for this to go. As parental rights are eroded to make up for the failures of government, soon they will come for your children too.
It is going to be a very sad day when I say to my granddaughter, “I remember when we were free my dear.”
More good links: 1. Think Like a Nazi….Argue why jews are evil–4th grade common core assignment, Albany, NY: http://poorrichardsnews.com/post/48049380443/common-core-writing-assignment-think-like-a 2. Suffolk County Education Forum Video: 3. Attend School Board Meetings: http://www.semissourian.com/blogs/campbell/entry/55546 4. Common Core: “If You Like Your Curriculum, You Can Keep Your Curriculum”: http://www.cato.org/blog/common-core-you-curriculum-you-can-keep-it 5. Dr. Gary Thompson Testifies to […]
So…Sequester? Continuing Resolutions? Debt Limit? ObamaCare? Defunding ObamaCare? ‘Health Exchanges’? Amnesty?
How are those Conservative Rock Stars like Marco Rubio working out for you? Is the support you gave the GOP living up to your expectations?
Are you done pussyfooting around yet? Are you done wasting time on foolish ‘Get Liberty Quick!’ schemes?
Are you done sending politicians to do a citizens work? America is a nation of Ideas, yet our schools are producing students that don’t understand those ideas, and the Common Core Curriculum, by its very nature, is a threat to those ideas and the constitutional system they require.
There is no political solution – it requires You., here, not in Washington D.C., but here, in your own back yard – lose here and lose it all. There are no quick answers, but there are steps that can be taken to halt the slide, and those require you to lend a hand in taking back our schools.
I’ll be giving the opening presentation, starting at 1:00 Sunday, the 20th, I hope to see you there.
Sponsored by Americans for Prosperity and the Missouri Coalition Against Common Core:
St. Louis – Sunday October 20, 2013 1-6:00*
The Wildwood Hotel 2801 Fountain Place Wildwood 63040
- The History of Common Core Standards – How Did We Get Here?
- High Quality Standards For Everyone? Not so much. What about special needs kids? How could CC harm early learners?
- Testing Testing Testing
- Data Collection – The government wants to know everything about your children. How can you protect their privacy?
- What are your rights according to Missouri state law? How can you begin to assert those rights?
- What is happening at the federal level when it comes to Common Core, Data Collection and state’s rights to control education
- The future of education in Missouri – a common sense approach based on local assertion of rights already granted by our constitution and legislature.There will be break out sessions for various interest groups to network with other grassroots activists.School Board Members – Know your rights as a School Board member. Compare experiences and network with other board members who are trying to get their district out of the public/private system of common standards.Grassroots Activists – For parents, taxpayers, teachers, legislators. We’ll talk about everything in our activist kit, answer questions and get you networking.Non-Public Schools (Catholic/Private/Home Schools) – Whether or not CC is in or coming to your school, you need to know what to watch for and how to keep the quality education you are paying for or providing.Learn more and receive your Grassroots Action Kit with everything you need to inform people in your district about Common Core and data collection.Don’t wait for government to hand you back control.Take back the control that has been yours all along.* (These times are accurate. Times on Eventbrite might not match due to a service limitation.)Help us spread the word about these conferences.
Share and Enjoy
At the Rally for Common Sense on October 12th, we were privileged to have Noah O’Grady from “Gun Smart Kids” speak to the patriots in attendance. Noah is nine years old who has been shooting guns since he was five. No surprise that his family is pro Second Amendment, and it is evident that his [...]