Middle Class Tax Increase Coming Says White House
Sunday, August 2nd, 2009 @ 10:14AM
Timothy Geithner, the Secretary of the Treasury and buddy of Obama’s, today told ABC News that Obama will abandon his pledge of no tax increase for the middle class:
To get the economy back on track, will President Barack Obama have to break his pledge not to raise taxes on 95 percent of Americans? In a “This Week” exclusive, Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner told me, "We’re going to have to do what’s necessary.”
Geithner was clear that he believes a key component of economic recovery is deficit reduction. When I gave him several opportunities to rule out a middle class tax hike, he wouldn’t do it.
“We have to bring these deficits down very dramatically,” Geithner told me. “And that’s going to require some very hard choices.”
Simple rule here: never believe a president who says he won’t raise your taxes.
- George H. W. Bush told RNCC “Read my lips: no new taxes.” Upon reaching the White House, he promptly raised taxes which lead to a recession. Thanks, George.
- Bill Clinton campaigned on a middle class tax cut to be paid for by “soaking the rich.” Upon reaching the White House, Clinton soaked the rich . . . and everyone else got wet with increased taxes.
- Now, Barack H. Obama, who swore up and down that no one who makes less than $250,000 will see any form of taxes go up, has changed his mind. After raising taxes on the middle and lower classes already, he now promises, through Geithner, to raise our taxes even more.
- Instead, prepare to TAKE THE PRESIDENT DOWN when he or she breaks the no tax promise.
- Obama cannot claim that things have changed. He likes to blame everything on the Republicans, but the Democrats have controlled Congress and the budgets since 2007—before the crisis began. Moreover, Obama made his pledge to never raise middle class taxes AFTER learning the full extent of the financial crisis. He continued to make the pledge after the election and after his inauguration. Therefore, Barack Obama knew damn well he intended to raise taxes, but he lied through his teeth to you and me to get a vote.
- What To Do
Flood editors with letters demanding that Obama announce the tax increases personally on television. Demand that the president stop hiding behind Tiny Tim. Tell the President to act like a man and own up to his lies.